Tea Horse Road
Shang Li Bridge
Shang Li village, on the Tea Horse Road, near Ya'an, Sichuan, China. The town of Shangli was an important stop on both the Silk Road and the branch of the Tea Horse Road that began in Ya’an. Built in 1776, the Erxian (Two Immortals) Bridge has a span of 19 metres and a high arch (12 metres) in the style of the period. Almost three centuries of packtrain hooves have worn down the centre of the steps. The name comes from a legend in which two mean, taken for beggars by the townspeople, jumped into the river and were turned into two stones.
Mpixels (34.5 MB uncompressed) - 4256x2832 pixels (14.1x9.4 in / 36.0x24.0 cm at 300 ppi)
FOOD & DRINK